is Healing Touch?
Healing Touch is a biofield therapy that is an energy based approach
to health and healing. It uses touch to influence the human energy system,
specifically the energy field that surrounds the body, and the energy
centers that control the energy flow from the energy field to the physical
body. These are non-invasive techniques that utilize the hands to clear,
energize, and balance the human and environmental energy fields thus affecting
physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health and healing. It is based
on a heart-centered caring relationship in which the practitioner and
client come together energetically to facilitate the client's health and
healing. The goal in Healing Touch is to restore harmony and balance in
the energy system placing the client in a position to self heal. Healing
Touch complements conventional health care and is used in collaboration
with other approaches to health and healing.
Healing Touch is a nursing continuing education multi-level program in
energy-based therapy that moves from beginning to advanced practitioner
and is complementary to health care. The program incorporates a variety
of energy-based modalities that are sequenced in Levels 1 (I), 2 (IIA),
3 (IIB), 4 (IIIA), 5 (IIIB) with Level 6 (IV) being the instructor level.
Level 1 (I)
Level 1 begins with 15-20 continuing education contact hours of instruction,
allowing persons with varying backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their
previous learning and to further develop concepts and skills in energy-based
therapy. A strong commitment to personal growth is required.
Level 1(I) Objectives
The participant will:
- Describe the human energy system relationship to physical, emotional,
mental and spiritual health.
- Discuss energy principles basic to Healing Touch.
- Assess the energy field and energy centers.
- Identify a basic Healing Touch sequence.
- Demonstrate specific intervention techniques used in Healing Touch.
- Discuss applications of Healing Touch in personal and professional
- Energy system concepts related to health
- Basics of the energy system - energy field and energy centers
- Location and function of the chakras
- Assessment of the energy field and energy centers
- Meditation for centering and maintaining energetic flow
- Principles and practice of Healing Touch
- Selected intervention techniques: Basic Healing Touch Sequence, Magnetic
Passes, Magnetic Clearing, Chakra Connection (1 on 1, 2 on 1, self),
Headache Techniques (tension, migraine, sinus), Ultra Sound, Laser,
Chakra Spread, Scudder (Optional), Mind Clearing (Optional)
- Principles of self-healing
- Personal development as a healer
- Legal and professional aspects of touch therapies
Level 2 (IIA) Description
Level 2 is for students who have completed Level 1 and wish to increase
breadth and depth in the study of Healing Touch. (15-20 continuing education
contact hours.) The second level of study in Healing Touch includes an
intake interview, back techniques and a one-hour healing sequence. Emphasis
in the experiential learning is on developing healing sequences for specific
Level 2 (IIA) Objectives
The participant will:
- Share the experience of practicing Level 1 (I) techniques.
- Develop interviewing and additional assessment skills.
- Demonstrate a one-hour healing sequence for specific client problems.
- Document clinical work.
- Practice back and neck techniques.
- Describe specific techniques in addressing client health challenges.
Level 2 (IIA) Course
- Review techniques from HT Level 1 (I)
- Sharing experiences of practicing Level 1 (I) techniques
- Discuss applying techniques in clinical settings
- Assessment process: interviewing skills, recording observations,
- Healing techniques: One-hour Healing Sequence, Spiral Meditation,
Mind Clearing, Wound Closing, Pain Ridge, Pain Drain, Sealing Leaks,
Level 3 (IIB) Description
Level 3 is for students who desire more in-depth skills in Healing
Touch, and have successfully completed Level 1 (I) and Level 2 (IIA).
This course includes: development of Higher Sense Perception (HSP), sequencing
of healing techniques, working with guidance, self-healing and self-development.
(15-20 continuing education contact hours).
Level 3 (IIB)
The participant will:
- Discuss advanced development of the healer.
- Experience healing from three roles: practitioner, client, and observer/coach.
- Practice hara alignment, expansion of the core star.
- Demonstrate a full healing sequence using chelation, spinal cleansing,
healing 5th, 6th, and 7th levels of the subtle body.
- Practice healing techniques of Etheric Template Clearing and Lymphatic
Level 3 (IIB) Content
- Advanced development of the healer
- Need for self care in becoming a healer
- Healing philosophies of Barbara Brennan and other healers
- Practice hara alignment meditation and sharing experience Full healing
sequence including: chelation of the first four levels of the field,
spinal cleansing, healing 5th, 6th, and 7th levels of the subtle body.
Techniques, Etheric Template Clearing and Lymphatic Drain
- Roles of practitioner, client, observer/coach
- Advanced healing of the human energy system.
- Development of Higher Sense Perception
- Connecting with guidance.
17 Continuing Education
CE Activity is approved by the Colorado Nurses' Association. CNA is accredited
as an approver of CE for nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing
Centers Commission on Accreditation and by the National Certification
Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) Category A. Provider
Healing Touch Certificate
Colorado Center for Healing Touch, 12477 W. Cedar Drive, Suite #206, Lakewood,
Phone (303) 989-0581 / Fax (303) 985-9702 / E-Mail email@example.com
Healing Touch International, Inc. is a non-profit
membership and educational corporation established in March 1996, to administer
the Healing Touch Certification process. The corporation is responsible
for the International Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for Healing
Touch Practitioners. The focus is on research, special interest groups,
networking and support of membership.
The American Holistic
is a non-profit membership organization dedicated to the principles and
practice of holistic nursing defined as "the renewing and enhancing
of the art of nursing and caring for the whole person."